Use an e-resource
Atomic Training is an online video based training tool for people who want to develop their ICT skills. There are 40,000 short tutorial videos covering more than 500 of today's most popular software applications on both PCs and Macs.
Software products include:
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint and more.
- Web browsers - Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.
- Email - Outlook and Gmail.
- Social media - Twitter, Facebook and WordPress.
- Adobe - Photoshop, Acrobat Reader, Dreamweaver and Illustrator.
- Website coding - HTML5 &CSS3.
- Apple - iTunes, GarageBand, Final Cut Pro, Pages, Numbers and apps.
You can also learn how to use mobile products such as:
- Smartphones - iPhone, Android and the Windows phone.
- Tablets - iPad.
- eReaders - Nooks and Kindle Fire.
Other sections on Atomic Training include:
- Career skills - Job interview techniques and writing a cover letter.
- Internet use - How to browse the internet and internet safety.
How to use Atomic Training
To use Atomic Training you will need to create an account.
- Go to Atomic Training (external website)
- Click on 'Create New Account' (top right).
- Put your library card number into the box and click 'Next'.
- Enter your name and a valid email address in the boxes.
- Make up a password and enter in the password boxes. Click 'Create Account'.