To celebrate Coventry's year as a European City of Sport we're giving one family the amazing chance to win VIP tickets to games at Coventry Bears, Coventry Blaze, Coventry City Football Club, Coventry Rugby Club, Wasps Netball and Wasps Rugby.
To be in for a chance to win the Big Ticket, simply text 'BIGTICKET' to 07950081216.
Lines open during Coventry's Christmas light switch-on (21 November 2018) and will close at 5pm on 30 November 2018. The winner will be announced the following week.
1. By entering the competition entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for the competition which may be mentioned in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way.
2. Coventry City Council may amend competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
3. The competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom, i.e. England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. For the avoidance of doubt, Jersey, Guernsey, and the Isle of Man are not part of the United Kingdom for these purposes. Coventry City Council may ask competition winners for proof of UK residency. If unable to show this, Coventry City Council reserves the right to select an alternative winner.
4. Entrants must be aged 16+ at the time of the competition. We may ask for evidence.
5. Any entries received after 5pm on 30/11/18 will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
6. There can only be one entry per individual. Additional entries will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
7. Entry into the competition may only be made through text ("SMS") to the number specified in the competition with 'BIGTICKET' written in the body of the text. Texts will be charged at the standard operator rate, which may vary depending on the entrant's mobile network provider. There will be no acknowledgement of an entry. Coventry City Council accepts no liability for any SMS entry charges incurred regardless of whether the entry is received before the competition closing time.
8. Neither Coventry City Council nor its servants, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by Coventry City Council or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control.
9. Entries submitted through agents or third parties or in bulk (i.e. more entries than a human being could submit in the time available without the use of software or other devices designed to make automated entries) will not be accepted.
10. Coventry City Council will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition.
11. The winner will be selected randomly from all correct and valid entries. The draw will take place within 7 days of the date on which the competition closes.
12. The winner will have a specified fixed time period in which to claim his or her prize. If Coventry City Council is unable to notify the winner, or if the winner fails to respond within 14 days this may result in forfeiture of the prize and Coventry City Council reserves the right to select an alternative winner in accordance with these terms and conditions and the competition information.
13. The first name and surname of the winner may be published and entrants grant to Coventry City Council a non-exclusive licence to use and publish their entry in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner.
14. A 'Family Ticket' means 2 Adults and 2 Children. It will be at the discretion of individual clubs and partners whether they extend their Big Ticket prizes to facilitate additional children.
Data Protection and Publicity
15. Coventry City Council may exercise its sole discretion to use the winner's name, image and their comments relating to the prize and competition experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes relating to the European City of Sport without any fee being paid.
16. Contact information and other information will be deleted once the competition winner is finished and the prize is awarded. Contact numbers will only be used to pick and contact a winner. We will not pass your information to any other organisation or service.
17. Coventry City Council will comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation, any successor legislation or other applicable law.
18. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other social network. You are providing your information to Coventry City Council, not to any other party.