Business Support Privacy Notice
Coventry City Council Complies with Data Protection Law and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) as a Data Controller.
This Privacy Notice explains how personal information is going to be used, what for, who it will be shared with and why.
Why we collect Personal information about you?
We need to collect and hold personal information about you because the law says we have to.
How we use your information
- To manage business enquiries for funding and support
- To provide employment and recruitment support
- To provide assistance with workplace wellbeing
- To provide skills and training support
- To provide you with necessary and appropriate services
- To help us to develop and improve our services
- To complete and send reports to Government departments
- To do the things that the law says we have to do
Who we share your Information with
We will share your information with:
- Other council departments for the assessment of business support
- Other Councils and public bodies where the law permits, for example, Warwickshire County Council (WCC) and the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG)
- Adult Education
- Coventry City Council - Innovation Coventry
- Coventry City Council – Business Sustain
- Skills and Employment
- Workplace Wellbeing
- Coventry and Warwickshire Co-operative Development Agency
- Coventry and Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce
- Coventry and Warwickshire Local Enterprise Centre
- The UK Battery Industrialisation Centre (UKBIC)
- Coventry and Warwickshire Growth Hub
- Coventry University
- University of Warwick
- Coventry College
- Warwickshire College Group (WCG)
- Warwick Manufacturing Group (WMG)
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Department for Industrial Trade (DIT)
- West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA)
- Midlands Engine
- Highlife Centre
- Princes Trust
- Valley House
- University of Warwick Science Park
- Coventry and Warwickshire Re-Investment Trust (CWRT)
- Coventry Business Improvement District Limited
- Coventry City of Culture Trust
- Elected Members, Members of Parliament and Advice Agencies when acting on your behalf
- Other Organisations that carry out services for the council.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep your information as long as we need to so we can give you the service you need, unless we have to keep it for legal reasons. In accordance with financial regulations governing the retention of accounting records, in normal circumstances the council will retain personal information for a period of six years from the end of the financial year in which settlement was made of any amount owing to the council.
You have the right to:
- Ask for the information we hold about you, this is called a Subject Access Request.
- To ask us to change information we hold about you if it is wrong.
- Intervention in respect of automated decision making.
- Restrict processing of Data.
- Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
To exercise any of these rights please contact business rates (including BIDS) at email@example.com
You have the right to complain if you are unhappy with the way your request is handled or disagree with a decision made by the council about your data. If you want to make a complaint you can contact the Data Protection Team (DPO): DPOTeam@coventry.gov.uk
If you are still not satisfied you can contact the Information Commissioners Office at:
The Information Commissioners Office,
If you would like to know more about GDPR, the Information Commissioner’s Office is a useful source of information on the new regulations.