Pages in Capital Funding
- Special Provision Fund Consultation
- Special Provision Fund Consultation part 2
Special Provision Fund Consultation
In March 2017, the Government committed £215 million of capital funding to help local authorities create new school places and improve existing facilities for children and young people with SEN and disabilities, in consultation with parents and providers.
Coventry City Council secured £775,574 for three years (total £2,326,574). The Council has liaised closely with all special and mainstream schools via partnership meetings in order to inform a strategic plan.
The Council proposes to invest this funding in to a mixture of establishments to meet the need of Coventry pupils with SEND, including:
- Increasing places at a Coventry based special school for pupils with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH)
- Increasing places at a Coventry based special school for pupils with a broad spectrum of needs
- Creating Enhanced Resourced Provisions (ERP) at 3 mainstream primary schools specifically focusing on pupils with Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC) and SEMH.
- Creating an ERP on a mainstream secondary school site