Meet the friendly fostering team and have all of your questions about fostering with Coventry City Council answered.
Pop along at any time between 6.00pm at 8.00pm and meet the friendly fostering team and foster carers and have all of your questions about fostering answered.
Coventry City Council needs more people who could, with our excellent training and support, provide positive, nurturing homes for Coventry children.
We welcome applications from all members of the community!
You will need:
- A spare room
- Time and energy to care for a child
- Generally good and stable physical and emotional health
- Some previous childcare experience, through family, work or as a volunteer
- The ability to transport a child or children to different appointments and school (if applicable)
- Spoken and written English (to be able to talk at meetings about the children's needs and help children develop)
Skills that make a good foster carer include:
- Being a good listener
- Asking for help if you need it
- Being organised
- The ability to get on and work with different people
- Problem solving approach
- Being understanding of how people might be feeling
- And a sense of humour!
If this sounds like you then come along and find out more! You can also apply apply online.