The City of Coventry Freemen's Guild was re-formed in 1946 with the assistance of the City of London Freemen's Guild.
However the original Guild was formed in the 14th century but was disbanded by Henry VIII.
The Freemen's Guild Room occupies a chamber at the north end of the Medieval undercroft beneath St Mary's Guildhall. This atmospheric room with some interesting carvings, dates from the 15th century when a row of shops on the site was demolished to make way for an extension to the Guildhall's Great Hall and undercroft.
No booking required.
Access is down 5 stone steps so not suitable for people with mobility problems. Numbers are not limited but there is space for a maximum of 24 visitors..
Toilets can be found in St Mary's Guildhall next door.
Contact for the day: Peter Wilford - 02476443733