Ford's Hospital was built in the early 1520s from an endowment made by the will of William Ford a wool merchant and former Mayor of Coventry who died in 1509.
Originally built to accommodate six poor men, their wives and a priest who was to live in the house and use the chapel, the Almshouse survived the dissolution of the monasteries to be purchased by the City in the early 1600s.
The now re-built and modernised almshouse provides 5 large self contained apartments.
Come along and enjoy the magnificent courtyard and gardens as well as a display of collected articles, maps and photographs presented by the residents in the residents lounge (formerly the Board Room).
No booking required
Low entrance doorway to residents lounge