Founded in 1545 in the aftermath of the Reformation, King Henry VIII School has stood on its present site since 1885.
The mock Tudor facade dates from this time although the interior was extensively re-modelled following the 1941 Blitz.
An opportunity to take a tour with the chance to view documents and artefacts illustrating 470 years of history; including the original School Charter and items relating to the poet Philip Larkin and England's test captain R. E. S. Wyatt. The tour will take on a 'Blitz' theme.
Tour times 10am, 11.15am , 12.30pm and 1.45pm.
Pre-booking: Required. Meet at the main reception.
Please note that the tour is not suitable for wheelchair users as it will involve climbing steps. Pushchairs must be left at reception.
Max 20 people per tour/session.
The school can be found on the A429 from the City Centre on the right.