A Grade II chateau style girls' school built in 1856/57. Architect: John Murray.
The actual school was founded as the first Charity School for girls in Coventry in 1714. The building itself was constructed over one corner of the original St Mary's Cathedral. The evidence of this can be seen today in the cellars of the building which was actually inside one of the original pillars of the Cathedral dating from 1150 AD. Having not been in use for many years it was refurbished as part of the Phoenix Initiative in celebration of 2000 years since Christ's birth. The building has been transformed and is currently used as a residential school for youth ministry training at various times in the year.
There will be people on hand to answer questions and run tours ad hoc.
No booking required
Disabled parking on nearby Cuckoo Lane
Max 20 people per tour/session.
City Centre venue just over the footbridge from Holy Trinity Church across Priory Gardens.