Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin was first mentioned in the Domesday Survey of 1086. The building is essentially Norman.
It contains fine examples of a chancel arch late 11th/early 12th century stonework on the font, important memorials and hatchments along with delightful Georgian box pews. The Leigh Chapel hosts an exhibition by the Stoneleigh History Society. There will be guides available and a mice hunt for very young children as well as the opportunity to view the church and churchyard. Children's walking tour leaflets are available.
No booking required
Refreshments will be served on Sunday 9 September only from 1.30pm - 4pm
The village lies between the B4115 and B4113. Approaching from Coventry on the B4115 turn left along Birmingham Road into the village. Turn left before the village green. turn right and follow the signs to the car park. Disabled visitors turn left along Church Lane and park on road. For bus times please refer to the village website www.stoneleighvillage.org.uk