The original parish church on this site, was a wooden building dating from 1928/9 when the district of Coundon began to be rapidly expanded.
The foundation stone of the new church was laid by Lord Iliffe, with the then vicar, Rev Bill Wilson in 1938.
After the Coventry's bombings in 1940 King George VI visited the city to get a first hand picture of the damage. He visited the new brick church, which was being used as a casualty clearing station. Some time later a plaque was laid in the church floor to commemorate his visit.
Come along and learn about the history of the church and area. Tours will be available on demand. Children's 'find these in the building' trail as well as craft activities.
No booking required.
On street parking is available. Baby changing can be arranged if requested.