Promoting the growth of a sustainable Coventry economy
We will promote the growth of a sustainable Coventry economy that benefits the city by...
Supporting businesses to grow through:
- attracting inward investment;
- helping businesses expand;
- encouraging them to create jobs;
- improving access to skilled workers; and
- retaining skilled graduates in the area.
Developing the city centre for the 21st century by:
- enhancing the quality of public spaces; and
- bringing the city centre to life with a range of employment, leisure, education and retail opportunities.
Creating the infrastructure for the city to grow and thrive by:
- providing leadership to stimulate the Friargate business district near the railway station; and
- making the city more accessible for businesses, visitors and local people through better road, rail and digital connections.
Raising the profile of Coventry through:
- encouraging businesses to relocate to the city;
- developing economic, business and trade links with other cities; and
- promoting Coventry as a visitor destination and centre for arts and culture; sports and leisure; music and events.
...and make sure that residents share in the benefits by...
Helping local people into jobs through:
- improving employability through access to skills and qualifications;
- creating routes into work, including apprenticeship opportunities.
Increasing the supply, choice and quality of housing.
Reducing the impact of poverty through:
- supporting those experiencing fuel poverty;
- promoting a living wage;
- supporting families experiencing debt to take greater control of their finances; and
- availability of appropriate and relevant advice and information.
Increasing access to arts, sports & cultural opportunities including leisure, music and events.