How to report an enforcement issue

We check over 1500 enquiries a year to make sure that buildings and uses are carried out in accordance with planning permission or under permitted development.

If you want to tell us about a development that concerns you, for example, a new building/extension or perhaps a new business that is causing you harm then complete the online form.

Before making an enquiry you should check that the proposal:

  • Needs planning permission
  • Is controlled by the planning team.

Please look at the attached checklist to see if we can help with your enquiry and to find out about the information you will need to complete the form correctly.

You can check planning history and whether a property (residential) benefits from permitted development allowances by using our online map.

If you wish to continue to submit an enquiry the please either complete our online form or contact the Planning Enforcement team.

Please note: Some enquiries require that monitoring is undertaken to establish a pattern of use e.g. where a premises is being used for commercial purposes. In these cases you will be asked to provide monitoring information to assist the enforcement team in there evaluation of your enquiry.

Building control

PO BOX 2178, Riverside House, Milverton Hill, Royal Leamington Spa, CV32 5QH


Tel: 01926 456552

Planning enforcement

Floor 3, Civic Centre 4, Much Park Street, Coventry, CV1 2PY


Tel: 024 7683 1975