Facts and statistics
- Coventry's top 50 employers.
- Coventry is one of the top 10 cities in the country for jobs growth, patents granted and business growth over the past decade.
- 54,000 students at our two internationally renowned universities
- Coventry is in the world's top 50 student friendly cities.
- Coventry University rated University of the Year 2014, 2015, 2016 (Source: Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016)
- Number 1 Modern University in the UK by The Guardian University Guide 2016
- Coventry University winner of the Queen's Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2015
- The University of Warwick is rated 7th in 2016 Times and Sunday Times and World University ranking 2016 is 51st
- Over 15 universities are within a one hour drive, producing 100,000 graduates per year.
- 75% of England is within a 2 hour drive time of Coventry.
- 10% of all UK Automotive jobs are in Coventry and Warwickshire.
- On average each firm in Coventry and Warwickshire spent £15,000 on research and development, that’s more than twice the UK figure of £6,800.
- 71,000 people commute to Coventry for work every day. 32,000 commute from Coventry.
- Six million people live within a 1 hour drive of Coventry.
- Coventry population (2015): 345,400
- Coventry workforce (2015): 222,100
- Active Coventry businesses (Apr 2014 - Mar 2015): 9,505
- Coventry total GVA (2014): £7.215bn
- Coventry GVA per head (2014): £21,382 (85% of national average)
For the most up to date information see the latest headline statistics report or visit Facts about Coventry.