Primary school admissions
Applying for a place 2015
Make an online application for a school place for a child who is starting school for the first time. If you need support with this, a User Guide is available. There is also detailed information about the application process in our booklet "Primary Education in Coventry 2015".
The brochure will give you information about applying for a school place and gives details about schools that are available in the city, including:
- admission arrangements for local authority primary schools
- admission arrangements for Catholic primary schools
- admission arrangements for Church of England primary schools
- admission arrangements for Free Schools
- admission arrangements for Academies
- advice on making an application
- the admissions process timetable (see below)
Common application form and supplementary forms
The Common Application Form can be used to apply for a place at a local authority community, Catholic or Church of England Primary School within Coventry.
You will also need to complete the supplementary form if you are applying for a place at St. Bartholomew's, St John's or Leigh Church of England schools (including when applying online).
A supplementary form must also be completed if you wish to apply for Seva School on Faith grounds.
|1 September 2014||Parents can make applications|
|15 January 2015||Closing date for applications and final date for any changes to addresses|
|16 April 2015||
Letters posted by second class delivery to inform parents of allocated school. E-mails sent to online applicants
|May - August 2015||Allocation of places from waiting lists and any late applications|
|May - July 2015||Appeals heard|
Finding out about schools in Coventry
Further information about each school can be found in its prospectus, which can be obtained direct from the school. Arrangements can be made to visit individual schools by contacting the headteacher.
Children are likely to benefit most from their school days if parents and teachers work closely together. You will find that headteachers will be pleased to meet you, so do not hesitate to contact them if you have any queries or matters of concern.
Sidney Stringer Primary Academy
It is proposed that Sidney Stringer Primary Academy will be open for September 2015, with a published admission number of 60. For September 2015 entrants only, Sidney Stringer Primary Academy will be administering its own admission arrangements, and will not be participating in Coventry City Council's coordinated admission arrangements.
Parents and Carers are:
- Asked to apply direct to Sidney Stringer Primary Academy if they require a place at the school for September 2015 by 06 March 2015; and also
- Advised to complete an additional application by 15 January 2015 to Coventry City Council expressing preferences for other schools. This application can be made online or via a common application form which can be obtained from your local school or by contacting the admissions and benefits team on 024 76831622.
Admissions And Benefits (Primary - applying for the first time)
Tel: 024 7683 1622
Primary admissions team
Tel: 024 7683 1622