Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


Secondary school admissions

In Year transfers/New arrivals

All secondary schools set their own rules for admissions. You can view admissions policies for each school.

Our booklet "Secondary Education in Coventry 2018" gives you information about applying for a school place and gives details about schools that are available in the city.

Further information about each school can be found in its prospectus, which can be obtained direct from the school. Arrangements can be made to visit individual schools by contacting the headteacher.

Applying for Secondary School 

If you are currently living in the UK and would like to apply for a place at a Coventry school, please complete the In-Year Secondary application form online.

In-Year Transfers

If you are looking to transfer from a Coventry school to another Coventry school outside of the usual admission round (i.e. Year 6 to Year 7), please complete the in-year transfer form, which is available from the main reception of your child's current school.

The decision to transfer schools should not be taken lightly, and may not be in your child's best interests.

If you are uncertain about moving your child - talk it through!

There are lots of people within school you can talk to about transfer;

  • Headteacher
  • Parent Governor
  • Year Head/Form Tutor
  • SEN Co-ordinator

If you have considered these issues and still want your child to move, you will need to request a "Transfer Request form" from your child's current school. Once you have completed part one and part two of the form, you will need to return it to your child's current school for part three to be completed. The Headteacher will arrange to discuss the reasons for transfer with you.

Remember - until a transfer has been agreed, and a start date confirmed, it is the parent/carer's responsibility to ensure your child continues to attend school.

Moving from Overseas

If you are currently living overseas, and are intending to move to Coventry, or have recently moved to Coventry from overseas, and require a secondary school place, you will only be able to apply once you have arrived in the country and have a residential address. You will then need to contact Ethnic Minority Achievement Services on 024 7678 7752, who will arrange for one of their officers to visit your home address, and assist you in applying for a school place.

Is there anything wrong with this page?