We enforce several standards that relate to food.
Trading Standards aim to ensure that:
- Food is correctly labelled and described and meets quality standards.
- Manufacturers and retailers of food are regularly inspected.
Further information can be obtained from the following websites.
- Food Standards Agency (FSA) - An independent food safety watchdog set up by an Act of Parliament in 2000 to protect the public's health and consumer interests in relation to food.
- Visit http://www.food.gov.uk/enforcement/alerts/ For the latest food alerts, including product withdrawal and recall information.
The Food Safety team aim to ensure that:
- Food businesses are registered.
- Restaurants and other food premises meet strict hygiene standards.
- Food is safe to eat.