The Coventry and Warwickshire Construction Shared Apprenticeship Scheme supports local young people aged 16 - 24 to develop careers within the construction industry and provides real onsite experience and training opportunities.
Although all apprenticeship places have now been allocated, the scheme is still seeking local construction employers to provide placement opportunities for our existing apprentices and we are here to help every step of the way, ensuring a quick and simple process.
- Apprentice employed by BAM Construct UK and placed with you for an agreed time.
- Services of a Scheme Manager to deal with progress, college learning and administration.
- Move the apprentice on at the end of the job if required.
- Only contribute to the apprentice's wages for the days they are on site.
- Opportunity to take the apprentice on following achievement of their qualification.
Coventry City Council works in partnership with BAM Construct UK, Coventry College, Warwickshire College and local construction employers to deliver the innovative scheme.
The scheme has successfully achieved the following awards
- Apprenticeship Scheme of the Year - National Federation of Builders Awards 2012.
- Finalist in the Public/Private Partnership Award - LGC Awards 2013.
- Finalist in the Best Apprenticeship Scheme Category - Construction Investing in Talent Awards 2016.
- Partnership Initiative of the Year - Coventry and Warwickshire Apprentice of the Year Awards 2016.
- Building and Construction Apprentice of the Year - Coventry and Warwickshire Apprentice of the Year Awards 2016 and 2017.
- Apprentice Commended Finalist - Youth Build Awards 2017.
- Employer Commitment Category - Coventry and Warwickshire Apprentice Of The Year Awards 2017