Job Shop services for people looking for work
Money Advice Service
The Money Advice Service offers the following:
Benefit check/ income maximisation
- Are you receiving ALL that you are entitled to?
In-work calculations given on personal circumstances
- Are you financially 'better off' in work?
- Can you keep any existing benefits?
- Can you claim Working Tax Credits?
- Are you entitled to a Job Grant, 4 weeks run-on of Housing/Council Tax Benefit or mortgage interest payments?
Problems with benefits?
- Help available to sort out problems and gaps in your claim
Want to work Part-Time and in receipt of Employment Support Allowance?
- Find out about 'Permitted work' rules, whilst still keeping benefit and protection if your health stops you from continuing with the job.
- Signposting Service for debt management options
- General advice on housing issues
- How to make the most of your money workshop