Employment support for disabled people and people with mental health difficulties.
In addition to the support available through our Job Shop, we also provide specialist employment support for disabled people and people with mental health difficulties through our supported employment service TESS (The Employment Support Service).
TESS can support you if you have a learning disability, autism or severe mental health difficulty and you are eligible to receive support from Adult Social Care Services or Secondary Mental Health Services in Coventry.
Our experienced and specially trained staff can support you in a number of ways, this can include:
- Working with you to develop a person centred employment plan to help you to achieve your employment aspirations. This includes looking at your interests, skills, abilities and support needs.
- Help and advice with benefit information through the Job Shop's fully qualified Money Advisors, including Better Off Calculations before you start work.
- Advice and guidance about disclosing your disability or mental health difficulty to employers.
- Additional support to access training opportunities provided by the Job Shop.
- Access to work experience opportunities to develop your skills and to help you to decide what type of work you want to do.
- Help to search for jobs, support to prepare for and attend interviews, negotiating reasonable adjustments with employers.
- Supporting you to contact employers or contacting employers on your behalf.
- Providing you with flexible support when you start work, this can include a dedicated Job Coach providing you with on-the-job support for as long as you and your employer need.
- Regular contact with you to make sure everything is going well and providing additional support if there are problems. This can include talking to your employer about making reasonable adjustments in your workplace.
- Monday-Thursday: 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Friday: 9.00am - 4.30pm
If you already receive support through Adult Social Care or the Secondary Mental Health Service then talk to your social care or health worker about being referred to TESS and we will then make contact with you.
If you do not currently receive any support through Adult Social Care or Secondary Mental Health Services and you think that you should then please contact us and we can discuss how you can go about getting an assessment.
Other employment support available in Coventry
Address, 27-29 Trinity Street, Coventry, CV1 1FJ
Telephone, 0300 456 8026.
Email address: email@example.com
Address: Koco Building, The Arches Industrial Estate, Spon End, Coventry, CV1 3JQ
Telephone Number: 024 7685 0029
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org