Education travel assistance consultation
What will not change?
Your child will continue to be entitled to travel assistance if their school is the nearest suitable school and it is more than 2 miles away (children under 8) or more than 3 miles away for children over 8 years of age.
Your child is highly likely to continue to be entitled to travel assistance if they have:
- Profound and multiple learning difficulties;
- Complex communication disorder that has a severe impact on cognition;
- Severe social, emotional and mental health difficulties requiring supervision to secure personal safety,
- Severe learning disability;
- Sensory impaired (registered blind or profoundly deaf)
- Physical disability that significantly impedes mobility e.g. wheelchair users.