Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


Education information for children and young people with Special Educational Needs

Special Educational Needs (SEN) support

How do early years providers/schools give help to children with Special Educational Needs - SEN Support

All children's needs should be met in the first instance by the help available through their education provider (Nursery, school, college). To find out how your child's education provider support pupils with Special Educational Needs look at the provider's website or contact the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) at the setting. All schools are required to publish an "SEN Information report" which outlines provision and policies for supporting pupils with SEN. 

Most children's needs will be met by their education provider, through a range of interventions known as SEN Support. SEN Support should take the form of a four-part cycle - Assess, Plan, Do, Review - known as the "graduated response". The support offered to children and young people should be reviewed on a regular basis (at least three times per year) to ensure it is still appropriate to meet their needs, and is having a positive impact on removing barriers to their learning. 

You may find our booklet Special Educational (SEN) Support in Schools a useful source of information.

The Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice: 0 to 25 years is Statutory Guidance for organisations who work with and support children and young people with Special Educational Needs and disabilities Chapters 5 - 7 cover the SEN Support information for Early Years setting, Schools and further education. 

By law, an SEN Code of Practice must be issued and this guidance must not be ignored.  There is also a Special Educational Needs and Disability Guide for Parent/Carers Code of Practice available for you to download.

Other information sources you may find useful:

SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (IASS)

Open Mon - Thurs 9am - 5pm. Fri - 9am - 4.30pm


Tel: 024 7669 4307

Fax: 024 7669 5627


Limbrick Wood Centre
Thomas Naul Croft
Tile Hill

Is there anything wrong with this page?