Nordic walking courses
Due to changes in the Walks Scheme we are currently not providing 6 week Learn to Nordic Walk Courses.
Please contact Nordic Trainer Hazel Jonas direct on email@example.com or 07813 364709.
Nordic Walking is exercise that suits everyone. Using poles adds several benefits to walking:
- Tones the upper and lower body at the same time
- Uses 90% of the skeletal muscles
- Burns up to 46% more calories than ordinary walking
- Reduces the pressure on knees and joints
- Great for the heart and lungs
- Ideal for neck, shoulder and back problems
- Poles propel the walker along, making it easier to move faster then normal without feeling the effort.
- It is one of the most effective cross training techniques for athletes and sportspeople who need ultimate cardiovascular and endurance conditioning.
- Can be done anywhere - no need for hills, country paths or even snow!
- It appeals to all ages and fitness levels.
- No need to wear special exercise clothing
- It's very sociable - you can chat as you go!
- It is easy to learn and to keep up.
- It combines exercise with nature - proven to boost your mood.
You can go to nordicwalking.co.uk or britishnordicwalking.org.uk to find out more information.
You can also see some photos of the Nordic Walks.
What's available after a course?
After completing the six week course you can join free social Nordic Walks, led by volunteer Nordic Walk Leaders. Find a list of all the weekly walks, including Nordic Walks: List of weekly walks.
Walkers (non Nordic Walkers) can join the Nordic Social Walks so long as they can walk fast.
Find out more information about being a walk leader: Become a volunteer walk leader.