Riding establishment licence
Pages in Riding establishment licence
- Riding establishment licence
- Applying for a riding establishment licence
To run a riding establishment (where horses or ponies are hired out for riding or used for riding instruction) in Coventry, you need a licence from the Council.
In order to make an application for a riding establishment in England and Wales applicants must not have been disqualified from the following:
- Keeping a riding establishment.
- Keeping a pet shop under the Pet Animals Act 1951.
- Having custody of animals under the Protection of Animals (Amendment) Act 1954.
- Keeping boarding establishments for animals under the Animal Boarding Establishments Act 1963.
- Under the Animal Welfare Act 2006 from keeping or owning animals, being able to influence how animals are kept, dealing animals or transporting or being involved in the transporting of animals.
- Owning, keeping dealing or transporting animals under the Animal Health and Welfare (Scotland) Act 2006.
Applicants must be aged 18 or over.
The cost of a Riding Establishment licence is £230.00 plus vet inspection fees. (A licence is valid for 12 months from the date it is issued. You will need to renew the licence after this period.)
You can make a change to a riding establishment licence online. Alternatively you can contact the Animal Welfare team.