Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


Exotic, dangerous or wild animals licence

Anyone who wishes to keep and house a dangerous wild animal will need a licence from us under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 (1976 Act). The number of animals and the type you plan to keep must be on the licence along with any conditions.

We can ask a Council officer, veterinary surgeon or practitioner to inspect licensed premises.

A licence will be issued for one year.

The licence runs from 1 January to 31 December.

Customer Services

Open 9am–5pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)


Tel: 08085 834333


If you do need to call us,
please try to avoid our busiest times
of lunchtime and early afternoon.

Is there anything wrong with this page?