Coventry Parent Partnership Service
What does Coventry Parent Partnership offer?
The Coventry Parent Partnership Service provides information and support to parents whose children have special educational needs (SEN). We provide accurate, impartial information on the full range of options available to parents.
We do not take sides, we aim to offer a wide range of services to help parents make informed decisions and enable them to take an active role in the education of their child.
We work closely with parents, schools and other statutory and voluntary agencies to offer:
- Information and support to parents whose children are at any stage of the graduated approach to Special Educational Needs as outlined in the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice.
- A telephone service for parents who want individual SEN advice and information.
- We can listen to your views and help you express them.
- Information and support for parents/carers of children who have been excluded or are at risk of exclusion from school
- Support to enable you to prepare for meetings and work closely with all professionals involved with you and your child
- Access to information about bullying
- Help to prevent disagreements from developing into major disputes by encouraging and facilitating early discussions between those involved
- Information about the One Voice parents group - helping to influence and shape services for disabled children
- Parent-to-parent support through daytime and evening meetings and workshops
- Information on parents' support groups and voluntary organisations locally and nationally
- A drop-in Resource Centre, including a comprehensive library of books, leaflets and information, magazines and videos
- Regular newsletter
Coventry Parent Partnership is part of a national organisation of Parent Partnership Services. You can find further information via the National Parent Partnership Network website or from the National Parent Partnership Network leaflet. The National Parent Partnership Network also has a Facebook page.
Parent Partnership Service (open 9.00am - 5.00pm)
Tel: 024 7669 4307
Fax: 024 7669 5627