Resolving disagreements - information and leaflets
What is mediation?
- In mediation the people involved in the dispute work together to reach an acceptable solution, with the help of a mediator.
- The mediator is a specially trained independent facilitator who does not take sides and does not give advice or judgement but manages discussions fairly and confidentially to help people communicate and explore options.
- The child's needs and interests are kept at the heart of these discussions.
- It is widely used to settle disputes between family members, work colleagues or even neighbours.
- It is an increasingly popular way of sorting out disagreement.