Public Space Protection Orders (PSPO)
Public Spaces Protection Order (Edgwick Park Anti-Social Behaviour)
The Council of the City of Coventry (“the Council”) hereby makes the following Public Spaces Protection Order (Edgwick Park Anti-Social Behaviour) under Sections 59 to 75 of the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014.
- This Order shall come into operation on (date to be decided) and shall have effect for a period of 3 years thereafter, unless extended by further orders under the Council’s statutory powers.
- This Order relates to Edgwick Park and the bordering streets (“the Designated Area”)as shown edged in red on the plan.
- The purpose of this order is to prevent any activities associated with Child Sexual Exploitation or any type of anti-social behaviour in the Designated Area including but not limited to fighting, drinking alcohol, drug taking and dealing, urinating and littering. The Council makes this Order because it is satisfied on reasonable grounds that groups of people within the Designated Area are and have carried out anti-social activities including the procurement of young people for sex. These activities are persistent and continuing and have resulted in members of the community feeling intimidated and unsafe.
- The effect of this Order is to prohibit the congregation of groups of 2 or more persons in the Designated Area where the behaviour of some or all members of the group has or is likely to have a detrimental effect on the quality of life of those in the community.
- The Cabinet Report
- The results of the consultation
- The Public Space Protection Order