Graffiti is an illegal, anti-social activity that creates a negative impression of an area and contributes to people's fear of crime.
We deal with requests for graffiti removal from council owned property, with the highest priority given to removing racist and obscene material.
We aim to:
- Remove racist/offensive graffiti from highways and City Council owned property, including children's play equipment within parks within 24 hours.
- Remove other graffiti from highways and City Council owned property, including children's play equipment within parks within 10 working days.
Please help us by:
- Reporting all instances of graffiti on public buildings/signs
- Helping us identify those responsible
Is there a charge?
If the graffiti is on private property, there will be a charge and a disclaimer will need to be signed by the property owner in respect of any possible damage that may occur during graffiti removal.
How to report graffiti
You can report graffiti online.
What you need to tell us
- The exact location of the graffiti
- If the graffiti is racist/offensive
- Whether it is private property
- Whether you are able to help us identify those responsible