Coventry Safeguarding Children Board (CSCB) is a statutory board, the objectives of an Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) are set out within Section 14 of the Children Act:
- To coordinate what is done by each person or body represented on the Board for the purposes of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in the area; and
- To ensure the effectiveness of what is done by each such person or body for those purposes.
The CSCB is made up of senior representatives from the key statutory agencies and voluntary organisations, and agrees how local services and professionals should work together to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
If you require further information about Coventry Safeguarding Children Board please contact us.
- The Board to ensure that children and young people who are looked after have equal opportunities to other children and young people.
- The Board to ensure that early help services, including mental health support, are available to children and young people and are resulting in positive outcomes.
- The Board to ensure that missing children and young people, and those at risk of child sexual exploitation, are protected by effective multi-agency arrangement.
- The Board to ensure that the profile of understanding of emotional abuse and neglect, including domestic abuse, is raised and that abuse is identified as early as possible.
- The Board to work towards developing the safeguarding partnership and continue to look forward and improve in light of the Wood Report and Children and Social Work Bill.