EPS: Information for schools
Your local psychology service
The Educational Psychology Service is a team of educational psychologists who work with schools and parents/carers to promote the educational, personal and social development of children and young people. We have the flexibility to work with individuals, with groups and across the wider school community. And, because all our work is delivered by experienced, HPC-registered Psychologists, you can be assured of its quality.
Reasons to choose Coventry EPS
- We are the largest psychology service in Coventry, with over 100 years' combined practical experience in improving outcomes for Coventry children.
- Our new model of service delivery allows us to respond flexibly to your needs.
- We are the only psychology service with direct and established links to services in Education, Health and Social Care across Coventry. This means that you benefit from an effective and co-ordinated approach.
- Psychology is at the core of what we do, so we can provide a skill set to compliment and extend that of your school.
- Our team of HCPC-registered Psychologists has excellent knowledge and expertise in child and educational psychology. We apply research to make sure that our practice remains at the cutting edge and we are regularly invited to speak at universities and conferences across the country.
- Our commitment to nurturing trainee educational psychologists on doctoral programmes ensures that we are continually renewed with fresh ideas and skills.
How we work
We believe we achieve best outcomes for children by listening and responding to your needs. This is why we work consultatively. Your psychologist will work with you to:
- Develop a shared understanding of a problem or concern.
- Agree feasible support plans, tailored to your setting.
- Generate an instant written support plan. (So there's no need to wait for a report).
- Secure commitment from children, parents and teachers, so that plans are put into practice.
- Review support plans and monitor their effectiveness.
- Provide informal support when needed (including over the telephone and through email).
Through this joint, solution-finding process, we make sure that success is generalised by teaching staff, parents and the wider school community.
How we can help you
We have the flexibility to work with individuals, with groups and across the wider school community. And, because all our work is delivered by experienced, HCPC-registered Psychologists, you can be assured of its quality.
Our portfolio of services includes: assessment, intervention, training, research, community working, innovation, and support during challenging times.