Social work jobs
Children's Social Worker jobs
Our social workers are committed, professional people who want to make a difference to the lives of the people of Coventry.
Joining one of our friendly and supportive teams you’ll be providing a social work service to a highly professional standard, managing a caseload and travelling throughout this very diverse city. This is an exciting time to join us as we work to put children at the centre of everything we do. We are looking for experienced children’s social workers who are committed to achieving the best for our children, young people and families.
To help you make a difference we offer manageable caseloads, high-quality professional support and guidance and excellent training and development opportunities.
Join us as an experienced Children's Social Worker and:
- You will be delivering on the ground social care to support families across Coventry to devise and implement care plans to ensure children can live at home safely, and intervene where they can’t.
- You will work closely with professionals from a range of agencies including health, education and social care, police and youth offending services in order to improve lived experiences for children.
- You will bring your ideas and suggestions to drive our challenging journey of improvement, and put Coventry on the map for delivering more positive outcomes.
- You’ll be joining a great team of people who are passionate about the city, it’s people and it’s exciting prospects. You will be handling complex but manageable caseloads whilst helping us deliver a strategy that puts children and young people at the beginning, middle and end of everything we do, with all the support and resources you need to do it.
- You will believe in providing a high-quality that ensures that the child is at the heart of everything we do.
- You will need to have a recognised professional Social Work qualification (MA/BA/BSc in Social Work, Diploma in Social Work or CQSW) and HCPC registration with at least 18 months experience in dealing with child protection enquiries, completing duty assessments and managing timescales.