Schools Library and Resource Service
Why use us?
By using the Schools Library and Resource Service you can:
- save time and money
- promote reading for pleasure especially our fabulous annual Coventry Inspiration Book Awards voted locally by schools
- respond quickly to curriculum demands
- develop your pupils' information literacy skills
- improve the quality of your school's resources
What do we offer?
- advice and guidance
- termly project loans to support topic teaching in the the classroom
- annual loans to supplement library and classroom collections
- artefact loans to help bring the curriculum to life with 'hands-on' experiences
- digital offer to enhance reading opportunities
- up-to-date book recommendations and reviews to keep staff in touch with publishing trends
- support for Primary and KS3 literacy improvement strategies
- school library computerisation
- training opportunities for teachers and librarians
- library maintenance
When are we open?
- Monday to Thursday: 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Friday: 9.00am to 4.30pm
Sessions outside these hours are available by prior arrangement.
The Schools Library and Resource Service is open during school holidays - please telephone for details.
For more information about the options available to purchase and the pricing structure for 2017-2018 please download our detailed SLA information document.