What values underpin the service?
The service focuses on recovery model and believes:
- Accessing investment of time from The Pod is a step on the individual's recovery journey and not the end destination.
- That all people have capacity to develop personal resilience and to manage their mental health and wellbeing
- That people have the right to be included and the right to their place in community and access universal and mainstream opportunities (which include training, education and employment)
- That people should be able to exercise choice and control and every opportunity should be explored to optimise choice and control
- That Citizens have the right to design and manage their own route to recovery and that to facilitate this Citizens should have opportunity to be connect to and have critical conversations with appropriate field experts and exercise relevant statutory rights
- That Citizens should be encouraged to access the Needs And Wellbeing Assessment and direct payments should this enable them to achieve their outcomes
- That people have the right to autonomy and to take positive risks
- Everyone's recovery journey is unique and our work should be personalised, responsive and honest
- That we need to have robust relationships with referring practitioners so we can collaboratively accelerate Citizens recovery journeys
- Connectivity needs to be optimised to enable lateral thinking with relationships based upon mutual respect increase the likelihood and impact of positive risk taking.
- That citizens know their rights, know how and empowered to exercise those rights
- That professional interventions should personalised; proportionate and timely