- 1.5 - 4 mm in length
- Thorax and wing cases are white, pale yellow, brown and black in colour
- Oval body similar to a ladybird in shape
- Adult beetles will normally be found on window ledges of infested rooms
Facts about carpet beetles
- Adults can fly
- They feed on pollen and nectar
- Larvae need high animal protein diet and can cause damage by infesting carpets, clothes animal furs and skins
- Larvae hibernate in cold conditions
- Larvae are commonly known as 'woolly bears'
We do not treat booklice/biscuit beetles. You can find other professionals that are able to treat an infestation online or in a local directory.