Help with funeral expenses
Requests for financial help
You can ask Bereavement Services for advice or help if you are:
- A relative
- A family friend
- Owner/manager of a private/council nursing or residential home
- Funeral Director may advise a person to contact Bereavement Services prior to making funeral arrangements.
When you contact Bereavement Services the Funeral Advisor will:
- Arrange to meet you
- Advise if we can give financial help, and if so how
- Advise you of the costs for which you will be responsible (see details below)
- Complete Bereavement Services' relevant application forms as appropriate
- Assist and advise you in making arrangements for the funeral
- Liaise with the Funeral Director appointed by Bereavement Services
- Advise of any alternative options for financial help, if you do not meet Bereavement Services' criteria
- Give you a Benefits Agency claim form id appropriate and if necessary assist in the completion of the form.