Licence - boarding animals

About boarding animals licences

To run a boarding kennel or cattery, you need a licence from the Council. The number of dogs and cats that may be accommodated will be specified on the licence along with other specific conditions.

The Council may authorise an officer, veterinary surgeon or practitioner to inspect licensed premises.

A summary of the regulation relating to this licence are available to read. You can also visit the Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs for further information on protecting pets.

Eugo logo.

Animal welfare

Coventry Communication Centre, Jackson Road, Holbrooks, Coventry, CV6 4BT


Tel: 0500 834333