Any Coventry Resident wishing to dispose of asbestos waste at the Recycling and Reuse Centre (the tip) will need to book an appointment through Coventry Direct, giving at least 24 hours' notice.
Types of asbestos waste accepted
Only the following types of asbestos waste will be accepted:
- Corrugated/flat roofing sheets (max 6 sheets);
- Roofing tiles/slates;
- Guttering/down pipes;
- Plasterboard (max 6 sheets);
- Bath/ceiling/ironing board panels;
- Storage heaters containing asbestos.
Any other type of asbestos must be disposed of privately using a
licensed asbestos waste contractor (these can be found listed in the
How to prepare the asbestos for disposal
Any asbestos accepted on site will be required to be:
- double wrapped in plastic and sealed
- in manageable sizes, i.e. capable of being lifted into a skip by one person.
- Any persons bringing asbestos waste to the Recycling and Reuse Centre (the tip), which are not adequately packaged will be asked to wrap it before being allowed to dispose of it. It is not permitted to break up asbestos waste on site.
- If the asbestos waste has not been booked in for disposal it may not be accepted.
- Only asbestos waste from Coventry residents' own premises will be accepted. If there is any doubt about the origin of the waste the person bringing it to the Recycling and Reuse Centre (the tip) will be asked to sign a waste disclaimer note.