Bin collections update

Our bin crews are out and collecting scheduled Thursday collections as well as catching up on missed collections from yesterday and Tuesday.

Read more

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

Claim Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support is a Government scheme designed to help people on low incomes pay their rent and Council Tax.

How much would I get? 

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support are means-tested benefits. The amount you receive can depend on:

  • your income;
  • your savings;
  • the size of the property, the amount of your rent; and
  • who else lives with you

You can apply for either Housing benefit, Council Tax support or both by completing the online claim form. Once you have completed the form you will be given an evidence checklist which lists documents we need to assess your claim.

You can e-mail the evidence required to quoting your reference number in the subject heading, or you can make an appointment so you can hand in your documents.

Make a benefits claim online

Apply now and find out if you qualify straightaway and see how much you will get. You will know that your claim has been received by us as you will get a reply as soon as you apply.

Signed authority from Chief Executive for Coventry City Council to use electronic facilities for benefit claims.


If you have difficulty completing an online claim, you can book an appointment with the Benefits Service.

Benefits service


Tel: 024 7683 1800


Customer Service Centre
Broadgate House

Is there anything wrong with this page?