Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


The benefit cap

Pages in The benefit cap

  1. The benefit cap
  2. Who is exempt?
  3. When will it happen?
  1. How can we help?
  2. More information

How can we help?

If you are unsure how you will manage with less money you can make an appointment to see our budgeting officer. They will talk to you about your income and outgoings and help you with a budgeting plan.

They can also help you to apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP). A DHP is available to help you where your Housing Benefit does not cover your rent. Where your Housing Benefit has reduced due to the benefit cap, a DHP may be awarded for a limited time to help you pay your rent.

To make an appointment with our Budgeting Officer please call 024 7683 3773.

You can also apply for a DHP online at

Benefits service


Tel: 024 7683 1800


Customer Service Centre
Broadgate House

Is there anything wrong with this page?