Get the best from this site

We would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. For more information, including how to turn cookies off, see more about cookies. Or simply continue below:


Council tax exemptions

Owned by student

Qualifying criteria

  • An empty property that was the only, or main, home of a student, who must be the owner of the property.
  • Persons who become students within six weeks of leaving the property will also qualify.
  • A student here means full-time students, students under the age of 20 on 'qualifying courses' and foreign language assistants.


No limit as long as the above applies.

Apply for a Council Tax exemption.

Is there anything wrong with this page?