What services do we provide?
What grass will we cut?
We will cut the grass on all Council-owned land, which includes:
- Public open spaces
- Memorial gardens
What grass won't we cut?
We do not cut grass that is:
- Privately owned
- Planted with daffodils and crocuses. These areas will not be cut until the leaves have started to die back, usually in July.
- On properties/estates not owned by Coventry City Council. Land on some housing estates is under the control of Whitefriars Housing Group. Your local housing office will be able to answer any questions you may have about the maintenance of these areas. You can telephone them on 024 7676 7111.
When do we cut grass?
We aim to cut grass on a 12 working day cycle, usually from the middle of March to October/November but this is subject to weather and ground conditions.
The edges of grass plots are cut back during the winter months on a three yearly rolling programme to prevent grass spreading onto adjacent paths.
Will the weather affect the times that grass is cut?
Rain and wet ground conditions make it difficult, and sometimes unsafe, to operate mowing machines. On sloping sites it is particularly dangerous and we have to wait until the land dries out.
What happens if the weather prevents cutting?
We will do our best to keep to schedule, but if we are prevented from mowing by bad weather the next mow will be late. Please bear with us if this happens, we will do our best to catch up.
We aim to:
- Investigate any enquiry within five working days, or 24 hours if it is urgent. Some operations may be delayed by weather conditions.
Please help us by:
- Not parking on grass
- Not dropping litter on grass
- Not placing obstacles (e.g. skips and building supplies) on grass