SEND Early Years Team
Pages in SEND Early Years Team
- SEND Early Years Team
- What do we do?
- How do we do it?
What do we do?
We work with parents/ carers and children, Early Years practitioners, children’s centres, teachers and other professionals to promote early learning and inclusion by:
- assessment of learning and behaviour difficulties
- provision of advice, guidance and support to parents/carers early years providers and teachers
- specialist teaching and learning support for individual children or groups of children at home and, in settings and schools
- provision of specialist play and learning resources
- training for parents/carers, practitioners and schools
- teaching in a specialist pre-school setting
- monitoring children’s progress
- inclusion support in Early Years Settings
The SEND Early Years team are committed to the principles of early identification and intervention for children with Special Educational Needs.
The SEND Early Years team aims to:
- take a leading role in securing the educational entitlement of preschool children with individual or special educational needs/disabilities
- work in partnership with parents/carers, professional and voluntary agencies to meet the needs of and improve outcomes for children from birth to four years with a range of SEND and to support inclusion into mainstream Early Years provision.
The SEND Early Years team objectives are to improve outcomes by:
- working in partnership with parents/carers and professionals to promote access and inclusion for pre-school children with additional educational needs
- promoting ,encouraging and supporting the educational, personal, social and emotional development and achievements of pre-school children with additional educational needs
- promoting and supporting the early identification and assessment of pre-school children with additional educational needs
- working with parents/carers and professionals to promote develop and support effective intervention strategies for pre-school children with additional educational needs
- supporting Early Years practitioners Continued Professional Development through training and mentoring to meet the needs of children with SEND
The SEND Early Years team values are:
- Commitment to maintaining consistently high standards of quality and reliability
- Commitment to effective and reliable service provision, sensitive to diversity, equality and individual needs
- Commitment to Early Identification, intervention and assessment
- Commitment to inclusion in Early Years Education
- Commitment to our own and others professional and personal development
- Commitment to fulfil all statutory obligations associated with our role
- Commitment to practitioner, team, divisional and corporate success against a range of indicators