What do we do?
We provide a comprehensive programme
of support to children with hearing and/or visual
impairments and their schools, parents/carers and supporting
- hearing and vision assessments and advice on meeting children's need
support for children with sensory impairment, their parents/carers and professionals involved with the family
teaching support and advice concerning children with
hearing and/or visual impairment attending mainstream/special schools
- teaching within special units in mainstream schools for pupils with hearing impairment, who use sign language
and adaptations for children with severe vision
impairments. This includes advice/training on the use of electronic aids
- educational and mobility assessments
- specialist ICT and Braille training/advice
children's progress and supporting specialist examination and assessment arrangements
- equipment and technical repair
service difficulties, their schools and families.