Early Years Support Service
Pages in Early Years Support Service
- Early Years Support Service
- What do we do?
- How do we do it?
How do we do it?
When we become involved, our support usually includes:
- talk with parents/carers
- home-based teaching support for parents and children, e.g. Portage
- peripatetic support - in-class support, advisory work
- talk with other agencies who may be providing support to the child; e.g. speech and language therapy
- early communication teaching support groups
- talk with early years staff involved
- talk with other people involved with your child; e.g. school nursery teacher.
This will help enable us to work together with you and your child and other staff to improve your child's learning and behaviour.
Services we offer
- Portage home visiting
- Portage supervision and coordination in partnership with children’s centres
- teacher support, home visiting and teaching sessions
- advice to parents on statutory assessment process
- support and advice on the process of transition to maintained education provision
- play and stay sessions
- teacher and Inclusion Support Development Officer (ISDO) support and advice to maintained nurseries
- Area SENCO and ISDO support to non-maintained early years settings