Shopmobility is a service which provides powered and un-powered wheelchairs and scooters for people who have either permanent or temporary limited mobility; allowing them greater independence to use the pedestrianised shopping areas within Coventry's city centre.
Where is Shopmobility?
The Shopmobility unit is located on the ground floor of Barracks car park, directly behind the Upper Precinct, at the rear of BHS.
How does Shopmobility operate?
- It is advisable to book the chairs or scooters in advance by telephone or by calling in at the unit.
- Two forms of identification showing name and address (e.g. driving licence or library card) must be produced when picking up your Shopmobility vehicle.
- Customers are strongly recommended to book in advance.
- You or your companion can park in the disabled area of Barracks car park.
- All electrical vehicles will be demonstrated by a member of staff until you feel confident to use it alone.
How much does it cost?
There is no charge for the service, but you may make a donation if you wish. The Shopmobility unit also sells a wide variety of products to cater for those with disabilities ranging from kitchen appliances and bath lifts, to powered scooters and wheelchairs, both new and second hand. Please call into the unit and ask for more information.
Christmas and New Year opening times
Extra opening times
- Wednesday 13 December 2017: 8.45am - 8pm
- Sunday 17 December 2017: 10am - 2pm
- Wednesday 20 December: 8.45am - 8pm
- Sunday 24 December (Christmas Eve): 9.30am - 1.30pm
All equipment must be returned 30 minutes before closing time.
We will be closed:
- Monday 25 December 2017 (Christmas Day) until Monday 1 January 2018 (Bank Holiday Monday)
- Tuesday 2 January 2018: 8.45am – 4.30pm
Normal opening hours will be resumed from Wednesday 3 January.