Licence - temporary event

About temporary event notices

A temporary event notice (TEN) is best used to licence small events which take place over a short period of time. They are especially useful for people outside of the licensed trade such as community events organisers, charities to licence events that contain any or all of the following:

  • public entertainment
  • the sale of alcohol
  • the sale of hot food or drinks between 11.00pm and 5.00am.

If you wish to use a licensed premises for an event that involves regulated entertainment for example a wedding with dancing but the premises licence does not allow for such entertainment a TEN may be used.

Eugo logo.

West Midlands Fire Authority

Fire Safety Centre, Radford Road, Coventry, CV1 4EL


Tel: 0121 380 7500