Our aims for your waste
What will we do?
- aim to keep as much waste as possible at the top ends of the hierarchy and minimise the amounts for disposal.
- ensure that any neighbourhood recycling scheme that has a direct impact on residents is made as easy as possible to use and excludes no-one.
- new kerbside recycling schemes will be introduced in partnership with residents to take full account of their opinions.
- lead by example - reviewing our own waste and applying the objectives described above.
- work with partners to ensure that all aspects of our waste activities are provided in the most appropriate way.
- be good managers of any hazardous waste and ensure we dispose of it to the latest legislative and safety requirements.