Ring Road closures
Thursday 20 January 2011
Coventry City Council will be closing various sections of the ring road to enable teams to go in and carry out a range of repairs and essential maintenance.
The closures have all been arranged for after the evening rush hour and before the morning rush. A range of Council teams will be taking advantage of the closure and going in together to complete tasks including re-painting most of the white lines (some have been done already), cleaning and weeding and some resurfacing on Ringway St Patricks - between junction 5 and 6.
Councillor Lindsley Harvard, Cabinet Member for City Services said: "I hope people will bear with us while this work is underway. The ring road is a fantastic asset for our city - but we do need to get in and do essential and routine maintenance. What's good about the work this time round is the fact that several teams will all be in together getting a range of tasks done in one go. This is good for everyone because it means we only have to pay for one closure and we can get in and out as fast as we can - so we keep disruption to a minimum.
"The closures have all been planned for overnight so I hope as few people as possible will be affected."
- Sunday 30 January, 5pm to 6am - Junction 1 Foleshill Road to Junction 4 London Road
- Monday 31 January, 7pm to 6am - Junction 3 Sky Blue Way to Junction 5 Mile Lane
- Tuesday 1 February, 7pm to 6am - Junction 5 Mile Lane to Junction 7 The Butts
- Wednesday 2 February, 7pm to 6am - Junction 7 The Butts to Junction 9 Radford Road and Ringway St Patricks, carriageway and slip road Junction 6 to 5
- Thursday 3 February, 7pm to 6am - Junction 9 Radford Road to Junction 1 Foleshill Road
Diversions will be clearly signed. If severe weather means the work can't be carried out - new dates will be set.