Published Thursday, 30 November 2017
Tomorrow (1 December) the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport will be showcasing Coventry on social media.
This means that the judges and the DCMS will be watching Coventry online for the entire day. This is one of the biggest opportunities so far in the competition to be named UK City of Culture 2021.
Every city will have its own day and it would be great if Coventry could shout the loudest!
So can you help by:
- If you’re not already following us then use these links to follow the Bid on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Let your friends know about the day and get them to play a part
- Starting at 9.30am, post as much content as you can about Coventry – making sure to always use #ThisisCoventry with @Coventry2021 and where appropriate @DCMS and #UKCityofCulture2021
- This is going to last all day so please help keep the momentum up. A couple of our competitors have trended nationally and we would love to do the same
- Video content and pictures are brilliant – record messages of support and tag us in them and encourage everyone else to do the same
- Are you in work that day? Get all your colleagues involved. Shout about how much you love the city, record it and upload it
- Is there an article you have read about City of Culture or Coventry you have enjoyed, share it again! Here is a great source - http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/all-about/uk-city-of-culture
- This is not just on twitter, feel free to post on any channels you use. @Coventry2021 is on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- We want to have an hour where we completely take over social media and have a concentrated effort to be all that anyone is talking about. This will be between 1pm and 2pm on Friday, so if you can only spend a little bit of time on Friday, then 1pm to 2pm is the time to do it.
Having a think about these statements to help with your posts is a great place to start:
- I am backing Coventry's bid to be #UKCityofCulture2021 because .... @Coventry2021 #ThisisCoventry
- Coventry needs to be #UKCityofCulture2021 because… @Coventry2021 #ThisisCoventry
- My favourite place in Coventry is … @Coventry2021 #ThisisCoventry
- To me, culture in Coventry means … @Coventry2021 #ThisisCoventry
- My most unforgettable moment in Coventry was … @Coventry2021 #ThisisCoventry
- In 2021 I would like Coventry to be … @Coventry2021 #ThisisCoventry.
You can also repost the image on this page – but please feel free to use your own images and videos to make as varied, fun and interesting as possible.